2013 Year in Review
Happy (belated) New Year! I hope everyone’s holiday season was great! It definitely was for Potomac Chocolate. I shipped more chocolate in the last couple months of last year that I’ve ever shipped in a comparable time period.
Looking back at 2013, it was all-in-all a pretty great year. Here are some of the highlights to me:
- January: Upala 70% Nib & Salt winning a 2013 Good Food Award (and going to San Francisco for the awards and a bunch of other chocolate events)
- March: San Martin 70% winning a Silver in the 2013 Academy of Chocolate Awards
- May: My Kickstarter was successfully funded
- Summer: testing bean samples for new origin bar
- October: DallasChocolate.org festival
- Fall/Winter: Developing Cuyagua bar
- All year long: Having my chocolate carried in more shops across the country and across the world.
And, of course, one of my absolute favorite parts of 2013 (and each year I’ve been making chocolate) has been meeting people who enjoy my chocolate and introducing new people to it!
Thanks for a great 2013!
2014’s going to be even better! I’ve got a lot of new stuff in the works, and even more planned: new packaging (really soon–like tomorrow, probably), general release of Cuyagua 70%, other new bars (limited editions, maybe a dark milk…), and new MacGuyvered equipment. Stay tuned!